Kaupapa Māori support service and advice to quit smoking. We have Matanga Auahi Mutunga based throughout in a confidential and relaxed approach. Te Ohu Auahi Mutunga is a collective of Iwi and Māori Health providers with invited partner Central Primary Health Organisation.
For the first time, Māori and non Māori services are working together to provide a seamless and inclusive district-wide smoking cessation service across the MidCentral District Health Board region using Kaupapa Māori practices.
- Focusing on individual and Whanau needs by helping you to develop a care plan that reflects how you want to live to your potential
- NRT (nicotine patches, gum and lozenges) are available at a subsidised rate
- Working with individuals and/or groups in a setting of your choice with research advice and information
- We provide support for those who use other medication (eg Champix or Rongoa Māori)
- Wananga organised for Ropu learning around Kaupapa such as Nutrition, Activity and self care
- Complementary to Whanau Ora practices
This district co-ordination will ensure Auahi Kore, Tupeka Kore, Smokefree and cessation messages are culturally appropriate, accessible and utilised by Iwi/Māori and other priority populations such as Pacific Island people and Pregnant woman.
The quick smoking services will be easy to access because they will be woven through all the health services Te Ohua Auahi Mutunga providers have operating through the MidCentral region.
Manawatu-Horowhenua -Tararua-Otaki areas to support smokers who want to make changes