Clinical nursing assessment in homes or within community clinics for clients aged 17 years and older who are suspected of, or diagnosed as having respiratory (breathing) problems.
To work alongside and with the client and their whānau to assist them to independently manage their own health by:
- Developing a management plan that suits them;
- Sharing information and resources that will build upon their knowledge to prevent further respiratory events;
- Encouraging lifestyle change that is realistic and able to be maintained;
- Increasing understanding of their condition;
- Identifying the triggers that cause their condition to worsen and what to do when this happens;
- Liaison with the client and others involved in their care to facilitate access to hospital and specialist treatment services;
- Assessment in homes or within community clinics for clients suspected of having respiratory problems;
- Referral to appropriate services and health professionals as needed;
- Assessment of the difficulties at home that occur and how these can be managed for people with respiratory conditions;
- Spirometry assessments; and
- FREE flu vaccinations if you are over 65yrs and if you are under 65yrs with a chronic health condition.
Aims of this service
This service works with Respiratory care services within the hospital and community which includes Primary Health Organisations (PHO), MidCentral Health and GP/Medical Practices, to promote improved health outcomes for Māori and non-Māori and those who reside in rural areas.
It’s all about whānau, Māori and non-Māori aged 17 years and older and their whānau who reside within Horowhenua and Ōtaki who are affected by, or suspected of, and/or diagnosed as having a respiratory condition.
Assessment, Education, Liaison, Advocacy, Referral, Promotion, and to listen and learn In homes, on Marae, clinic or any other venue that is deemed appropriate by you.